Did you know that digital advertising is one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience? According to a study by Hubspot, digital advertising and SEO play a massive role in customer conversion. If you're not taking advantage of digital advertising, now is the time to start. Have you tried digital marketing before to no avail? Are you tired of reading long-form blog posts about what SEO actually is? In this blog post, we will discuss five things you need to know before you begin your next digital campaign. Keep reading to learn more!
1. What is digital advertising and how does it work?
Digital advertising is one of the most effective ways to reach customers. There are several advantages that make digital advertising more appealing than other more traditional advertising channels, such as TV, radio, transit, traditional magazines, and social media.
Many businesses are struggling because the digital advertising environment is constantly changing. With so many brands looking to up the ante with their digital campaigns, it is hard to execute a project that excels. With things like SEO and keyword searches changing constantly, it is important that you have a team member or third party firm that knows exactly how to make your brand rise above the noise.
2. The different types of digital advertising
Online marketing takes many different shapes and forms. Here are some of the most commonly used techniques:
- Display advertising: This type of advertising appears on Websites or apps, and usually takes the form of a banner ad. These banner ads are strategically placed before audiences that are likely to be interested based on terms they searched for or display networks that focus on behaviors.
- Search engine marketing (SEM) - this type of advertising uses search engines to drive traffic to a company's Website by targeting a set of keywords. This type of marketing relies heavily on the algorithms of the specific engine being used.
- Social media marketing (SMM) - this type of advertising uses social media platforms like Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn and Twitter to reach target customers by creating targeted campaigns using key characteristics of the users.
- Email marketing - this type of advertising sends targeted emails to customers who have agreed to receive their communications.
- Affiliate marketing - in affiliate marketing, companies pay others to promote their products or services alongside other brands.
- Native advertising - this type of advertising is designed to look like editorial content and helps promote based on copy.
The audience you are trying to reach determines the channels that you need to invest time and resources into developing. For example, universities could recruit new students via TikTok and other social media platforms. However, a medical facility will likely have more luck with display advertising and email marketing. Knowing your audience ensures that you are investing in the right platforms and utilizing your resources effectively.
3. How to measure the success of your digital advertising campaigns
Developing a campaign is much more than creating stellar graphics and quality content. After researching the ways to ensure your media gets in front of the right audience, you have to measure if it is actually successful. This is where the help of a third party agency comes in. Data capture and success reports are often tedious to develop if you are new to the industry. Working with a third party digital agency not only ensures that your campaigns will be aligned from start to finish, it will help provide a baseline of reporting metrics that you can use to gauge successful campaigns in the future.
4. The benefits of using digital advertising
The benefits of digital advertising are truly incredible if a campaign is successfully executed. Not only does digital marketing allow you the opportunity to get in front of an extremely large number of potential customers, it makes your product extremely accessible. If someone sees your ad on their phone while scrolling, they should be able to immediately book a service or order one of your products! This real-time conversion can lead to immediate results and a higher return on your investment.
5. How to avoid common mistakes made in digital advertising
Does digital advertising sound too good to be true? Unfortunately, this type of marketing often is hard to execute well. If you have spent time trying to gain a better understanding of the space, you understand that there is no “one size fits all” approach to the digital environment. Because of this, it is more important than ever that you have a team of individuals that is committed to spreading your Brand to the right audience.
RocketDog is now conducting digital advertising campaigns that are yielding 20x - 40x the number of click-through-rates (CTR) compared with the industry average. Rather than “dabbling” in digital to see what works, invest in a plan that will pay off exponentially.
Embarking on a digital advertising campaign can be difficult and frustrating. With so many channels and nuances to the industry, it is hard to know where to begin. Thankfully, there are many skilled professionals that have the knowledge and savviness needed to help Brands excel in the digital space. If you are interested in learning more about how to make your next campaign more successful, contact RocketDog today!